Filipino Chicken Adobo
Looking for a traditional Filipino dish full of flavour that is easy to make? Give this recipe a go.
- cutting board
- paring knife
- Large sauce pan with lid
- frying pan
Chicken Adobo Ingredients
- 1 whole Chicken undress and cut into 13 pieces (or buy a large pack of skinless thighs (based upon number of servings))
- 4 cloves garlic pealed, cubed
- 1 red onion pealed and quartered
- 1 thumb-sized fresh ginger pealed, sliced
- 1 tbsp pepper corn or crushed black pepper
- 1/3 C + 2 tbsp white vinegar mix with balsamic for enhanced flavour
- 1/3 C soy sauce
- 4 bay leaves (optional
- 1 chilli (optional) sliced/add whole
- 1 small bag baby new potatoes cleaned. keep whole and no need to peal
- 1 bag green beans (add extra if needed)
- 1/2 red onion quartered
- 2 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or oyster sauce
- dash black pepper to taste
- dash coconut or olive oil ensure it is cooking oil
- 1 C cooked rice per person brown rice for healthiest option, but white rice is a must with this dish. If you are using white rice, do not over-eat. Follow instructions on packet.
- Cook rice.
- In large sauce pan, combine all the adobo ingredients and potatoes - bring to a boil. (If liquid level doesn't cover 3/4 of chicken, add water.) Allow to boil until chicken is cooked, stirring occasionally. Once chicken cooked, lower heat to simmer.
- In frying pan, heat up cooking oil and add onion and garlic. Once spices become fragrant add the green beans. Sautee the beans until 'al dente' and add sauce. If using oyster sauce, ensure the sauce coats the beans.
- Plate up and enjoy.