Poached Egg over Breakfast Salad with Vinaigrette Glaze
Looking for a refreshing breakfast dish that just hits the spot? This is the dish for you! You will be content without the sluggishness that comes from a big fry-up.
- cutting board
- chopping or paring knife
- small sauce pan
- slotted ladle
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Mango chunky cubes
- 3 Strawberries sliced in quarters
- 1/2 Kiwi diced
- 1/2 Avacado diced
- 1/2 mandarin orange diced
- 2 cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 whole-grain bread toasted
- 1 C water
- 1 T vinegar
- vinaigrette glaze drizzle
- Using the cutting board and paring knife, peal and chop or slice the fruit and put to side in a bowl or prepping container.
- 1. In sauce pan, pour in water and vinegar. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- (Whilst bringing water to boil, toast bread. Once toasted, remove and place on serving dish/plate. Spoon Breakfast Salad on top of the toast.)
- 2. Crack egg into the water and monitor egg. As it begins to cook, use the slotted ladle to gently stir the water around egg to keep the consistency of egg. After 1 or 2 minutes, remove egg, allow water to drain off, and place on top of salad.
- Glaze with vinaigrette and enjoy.