Thai Tuna with Lime Infusion
Bringing a bit of Thai Infusion to your meal...
- chopping board
- paring knife
- marinating dish
- baking dish
- sauce pan
- 2-3 Tuna Steaks fresh/defrosted
Thai Lime Infused Marinade
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil cooking/baking
- 2 1/2 tbsp Sweet Soy Sauce (or regular sauce, add a tsp of sugar)
- 1 chilli finely chopped (optional: remove seeds to reduce heat)
- 28 g Coriander chopped
- 1/4 red onion diced/chopped
- 1 large clove garlic finely chopped
- dash salt and pepper
- 2 C quinoa
- 1 C Buckwheat
- 1 bag broccoli stems
- 1. Combine marinade in a mixing bowl and stir. 2. Place tuna in marinating container and combine ingredients to marinade over the tuna.3. Cover container and place in fridge for a minimum of 30 min. 4. Take container out of fridge and place tuna steaks in baking dish - pouring the marinade over the steaks. Cover with foil and place in oven preheated to 220C for 20 minutes. Remove foil for last 5 minutes of baking. 5. Whilst baking steaks, in separate pots, cook the quinoa and buckwheat - follow instructions on packaging. 6. Once tuna steaks have baked, remove from oven and turn the oven off. Place steaks on plate and place back in oven to keep warm only. 7. Pour the marinade juices into a sauce pan and boil down to a glaze. 8, Steam broccoli stems.
- Once plated, drizzle glaze and top with a slice of lime. Add crushed peanuts, too. Enjoy!