3-Egg Veggie Omelette
This is the omelette our Founder and Director, Aaron, ate every morning for 2 years as a part of his healthy lifestyle.
- chopping board
- paring knife
- frying skillet
- flexible spatula
- 3 Large Free-range Eggs You can use medium eggs. You can substitute with any type of egg.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped veggies corgettes, red onion, bell pepper, mushroom, cherry tomatoes, leek,
- 1 handful Spinach washed
- pinch salt pepper for taste only
- small handful grated cheese for taste only
- 1 tbsp olive oil cooking oil
- In small mixing bowl crack eggs, add salt and pepper, stir until egg scrambled. Set to one side.
- Using chopping board, chop up the desired vegetables.
- Add olive oil to frying skillet and heat up to a medium heat. Once hot, add vegetables and sauté until veg is soft - monitor heat to keep veg from browning. Evenly distribute veg in pan.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables and evenly distribute. Whilst egg mixture is cooking, gently lift the sides and allow excess uncooked eggs to flow into the gaps. If possible, flip omlette using spatula to cook other side (unless you prefer omlette as is), or put pan with omlette under oven grill to cook.
- Before folding add cheese and spinach to centre and fold. Allow to heat through for a minute or two.
- Serve up and enjoy. Add a slice of your favourite complex-carb toast or a piece of fruit.